If you do not want to provide information to us, then you do not have to, however it may affect your use of this website or the products and services offered by us through this website as well as through our other business operations.
1. About The Guinea Group
This site is owned by The Guinea Group. Led by Anton Guinea, The Guinea Group is a specialist consultation firm based in Gladstone, Queensland. We share information about our services online through this website and social media.
2. Collection of Personal Information
Personal Information: When you use our services at The Guinea Group, we are required to collect certain types of personal information from you. The type of information we collective from you or from third parties, may include:
- Contact details including email address, mailing or street address and telephone number(s);
- Billing information, for the purpose of processing payments you make on this website;
- Age or date of birth;
- Demographic information such as postcode;
- Preferences and opinions;
- Information you provide to us through customer surveys;
- Credit card details;
- Account usernames;
- Details of products and services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about;
- IP addresses, your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and browsing behaviour;
- Additional personal information that you provide to us directly or indirectly through your use of our services, website, associated applications, associated social media platforms or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- Any other information requested by us/ or provided by you.
Your use of our Website: We may log information about your access and use of our Website, including through the use of internet cookies, your communication with your website, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet Service Provider.
Your opinion and feedback: We may contact you to voluntarily respond to questionnaires, surveys or market research to seek your opinion and feedback. Providing this information is optional to you.
3. Collection and Use of Personal Information
We strive to build a rewarding and lasting relationship with every customer. In order to provide the level of service we believe you expect from us, we may collect and use your personal information for the following purposes including (but not limited to):
- to provide products or services to you;
- to do all things necessary to administer those products or services;
- to research, develop, manage, protect and improve our products or services;
- to collect and process payments, through us or a secure payment portal;
- to conduct appropriate checks for credit worthiness and to prevent fraud;
- to enable you to access and use our website and any associated platforms (including social media platforms);
- to contact and communicate with you;
- for internal record keeping purposes;
- to perform all other administrative and operational tasks (including risk management, systems development and testing, staff training and market or customer satisfaction research);
- to facilitate your participation in any loyalty programs that may be established;
- for the management, protection and development of our business;
- to investigate, detect, protect us and other third parties against negligence, breach of contract, fraud, theft and other illegal activities;
- for analytics, market research and business development including to operate and improve our products and services, website and any associated applications and social media platforms;
- to maintain a database of customers, subscribers or similar;
- to run competitions or offer additional benefits to you; and
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider to be of interest to you; and
4. Disclosure of Personal Information to third parties
We may disclose your personal information to other related and non-related organisations including to:
- our contracted service providers (including any market research company, suppliers of products or services which you have selected);
- credit reporting agencies and courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities where you fail to pay for goods or services provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- our professional advisors, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, that assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia;
- third party sponsors or co-sponsors of promotions that we may run;
- third parties to collect and process data such as Google Analytics or other relevant businesses. This may include parties that store data outside of Australia;
- international recipients as part of our ordinary business functions; and
- third parties when we contract out some of our functions and activities, such as call centre operators and mailing houses. In these circumstances, we prohibit third parties from using your personal information, except for the specific purpose for which we supply it.
If there is a change in control of our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer our user database, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases, to the extent permissible by law. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser.
5. Use of Personal Information that is also Sensitive Information
Sensitive Information, as defined by law, means any information that relates to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs of affiliations, trade union or other professional associations or memberships, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation or practices and criminal records, health information or biometric information that is to be used for the purposes of automated biometric verification or biometric identification or biometric templates.
We will only collect your sensitive information with your consent and where it is necessary to provide you with our products or services. We will only use and disclose your sensitive information for the primary purpose for which it was collected or a purpose that is directly related to that primary purpose and reasonably expected.
Otherwise we will not collect, use or disclose sensitive information about you unless required to do so by law.
6. Information about third parties, associated entities & related bodies corporate
7. Your rights and controlling your Personal Information
Access: you can request details of personal information that we hold about you. We will respond to any request to access information within a reasonable time. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. In certain circumstances, we may refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us by email. We rely in part on you advising us when your personal information changes. We will respond to any request within a reasonable time. We will endeavour to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
It may be the case that for legal reasons we cannot delete, wholly or in part, your personal information. If this is the case we will advise you of this.
8. Storage & Security of your Personal Information
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we hold is secure and protected from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. To ensure this, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure your personal information.
If a data breach occurs involving your personal information and the breach is likely to cause harm to you, we will notify you as soon as possible after the occurrence in accordance with our obligations user the Privacy Act and related legislation.
9. Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites and electronic platforms (e.g. payment gateways, social media platforms). These links may be present to assist us in providing our products and services to you, process payment, help you find more information, or for other necessary purposes.
We may use web beacons on this website from time to time. Web beacons or clear.gifs are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor’s behaviour and collect data about the visitors viewing a web page. Examples include to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that web page.
We may use Google Analytics to collect and process data. To find out how Google uses data when you use third party websites or applications, please see www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
12. Use of Headings
13. Transmission of Business
Should The Guinea Group or its assets be acquired, your personal information may comprise one of the transferred assets.
Your continued use of our website, products or services (including offline, online or through our other business operations) indicates your acceptance of the amendments.
For any questions, notices or complaints please contact us using the details provided below:
Attention: Privacy Officer
The Guinea Group
13 Ashton Street,
Gladstone QLD 4680
+61 418 686 522